View Single Post
Old 13th April 2015, 19:56   #328  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I don't think so. When you convert a SUP to 3D sup, the colours are never reduced to the 16-colours palette, and therefore the original colours are respected. I convert all my BDs with 3D sup, and I have never had any problem with the colours or transparencies.

You have to convert manually only when you need the output file in IDX/SUB (VobSub) format.

You can verify all steps of the conversion to 3D:
  1. The original SUP is converted to XML/PNG with BDSup2Sub: the colours are not modified.
  2. BD3D2MK3D adds the depth tags to the XML. The colours are of course not modified.
  3. The PNG files are converted to 3D with ImageMagick. The colours are respected (but the images are resized to half resolution, and that may mean some quality loss).
  4. The XML of the 2D stream is modified and saved for the 3D PNGs. Of course, the colours are not modified.
  5. Finally, the 3D XML/PNG stream is converted to the output format by BDSup2Sub. The colours are respected if the output format is BD SUP, but are reduced to 3 colours if the output format is VobSub.
In the second case of the last step ONLY the colours are not respected by BDSup2Sub, and you have to convert manually to use a better palette.

Try a full BD conversion again, and be sure to select the VobSub output format in tab 2 (or, better, select "both") and you will see that the colours are correct in the 3D SUP file (but not in the XML/SUB if you have selected "both").