View Single Post
Old 28th September 2020, 10:51   #18689  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activoice View Post
Thanks for the reply... so I know what's got it stuck Now but not why it's getting stuck.

I ran EncodingServer.exe and can see that it's sitting there in task manager but the window isn't open, I went to the Details tab in Task Manager right clicked and selected Anaylze Wait Chain, it looks like it's stuck waiting on nvcontainer.exe which is part of the Nvidia software...

I killed the nvcontainer.exe process, and then the Encoding Server window appeared. If I close the Encoding Server window, and re-run EncodingServer.exe it opens fine the second time and all subsequent times, it's just the first time I run it after a fresh boot that NvContainer.exe is always holding it up.
I did a Ripbot encode today, the first one in, like forever (months, anyway), and it wouldn't start the Encoder, and then I recalled that either (or both) MSI Afterburner, or this NVDisplay.Container.exe "thing" could be the problem, so I turned off AfterBurner...nothing, then I tried to disable the Nv thing, but that wasn't working, so then I Googled it, and found a way to turn it off in (Windows) "Service's", rebooted, and away she went.

So either you need to somehow disable the Nv thing, OR use an older driver version that doesn't have this NVDisplay.Container.exe.

https://appuals.com/fix-nvidia-conta...igh-cpu-usage/

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. There always seems to be something that's a complete PITA !!!!