View Single Post
Old 14th August 2015, 13:40   #537  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@thahandy

Yes, BD3D2MK3D include the audio and subtitle streams in the calculation, as well as the muxing overhead. I have changed already slightly the calculation, because someone else has reported that it was off, and the last tries I did were perfect. So I don't know how you obtain a wrong file size. I'll check again. Perhaps it happens when the audio streams are converted to AC3 or AAC?

The encoding settings are included in the tags.xml file (as well as the tags defined by the user in tab 3).

The fact that the subtitles are placed at different positions in some 3DBDs is intentional. One of the big problems with the 3D subtitles is that they force the spectator to focus on the subtitle to read them, then on the character in the image. That repeated actions are not pleasant, and therefore to minimize the problem, the subtitles are placed as close as possible to the character, and at approximately the same depth. For example, in Avatar, there are many subtitles placed largely over the standard bottom center position. It's especially important if there is an object in the bottom of the image that gets away from the surface of the screen, but the main character or action takes place in the background. The subtitles have to be in the background too, and cannot be placed "inside" the objects in the bottom of the screen. For that reason, they have to be placed higher. Some subtitles are placed at the left or right side, or even at the top, for the same reason.

If you move them in the bottom center of the screen, the 3D depth values used by BD3D2MK3D will not be correct, and the subtitle will "enter" in the objects in the foreground. It's extremely unpleasant, and that can cause severe headache. Therefore, I advice you to keep the original positions, at least for the 3D subtitles. (If you mux also 2D subtitles, they will be badly placed anyway, and therefore it doesn't matter much if you move them in the bottom center.)

Note the "Clone Subtitles positions from another file" function in the Tools menu. It does just the opposite than what you want. With that tool, you can modify the positions of the subtitles of a "standard" stream to place them in the positions of the corresponding subtitles of a good 3D stream (called "guide stream"). This allows you to convert a downloaded SRT file to SUP and then to 3D correctly, with the right depths and positions (as long as the guide stream has correct positions and its 3D-Plane file has correct values for all subtitles in the SRT).

So, you are lucky if your 3DBD has subtitles in different positions. The author did a great work! It's usually much better than the subtitles in the bottom center, even if they are placed in front of the foremost objects. And of course, I have no intention to create another tool to destroy the correct 3D positions!

Perhaps it's possible with BDSup2Sub, but I don't think so. IMO, the easiest way to do what you want would be to convert the original SUP to SRT (with SupRip), and then re-create a SUP file from the SRT (with SubtitleEdit). But again, I do not recommend to do that!