View Single Post
Old 25th July 2015, 19:37   #449  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Frame-sequential mini-guide

OK, I did some modifications to a few files and I am currently encoding a little clip. That should work. If you want to try yourself, follow this mini guide.
  • Use the GUI with the settings to encode in Half-SBS, 720p.
    Do NOT use the 3D mode for the subtitles (in tab 2). However, you can hardcode the subtitles over the video (in tab 5).
    Do not specify "Add N seconds of black at the beginning of the video" in tab 5.
    You can specify "Add N seconds of black at the end of the video", but take in mind that you must specify two times the duration (for example specify 10 to obtain 5 seconds).
  • When the project is created, modify the following files:
    • _ENCODE.cmd:
      • Modify the 2 (or 4 for 2-pass) occurrences of -frames. The number of frames must be doubled.
      • Change "--frame-packing 3" (or 4) to "--frame-packing 5"
      • Remove the argument "--qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile" OR modify the chapters_3D.qpfile file (see below).
      • Not really mandatory: add "--fps 48000/1001" in the x264 command.
    • _ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs
      Replace this section:
      Code:
      # Build combined Side-by-Side image
      StackHorizontal(Left, Right)
      AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")

# Resize to 720p
      BicubicResize(2560, 720)
      with this:
      Code:
      Interleave(left, right)
      AssumeFPS(48000/1001.0)
      BicubicResize(1280, 720)
    • _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt
      • You may want to change the output file name under --output, but you can do it later.
      • Change SBS in the --track-name of the 3D Video Stream to "frame-sequential" or anything you may prefer. (It's just a label.)
      • Replace --stereo-mode 0:1 with 0:13 (To be confirmed.)
      • Replace --aspect-ratio 0:32/9 with 0:16/9
      • Replace --default-duration 0:24000/1001p with 0:48000/1001p
    • chapters_3D.qpfile
      If you have not removed the --qpfile chapters_3D.qpfile argument in _ENCODE.cmd, you must also edit the chapters_3D.qpfile.
      That file contains simply a list of frame numbers followed by I (upper case i).
      Each frame number must be doubled. For example, "1770 I" must be changed to "3540 I".
      The qpfile is used to force an I frame at the beginning of each chapter, so that it is easier for the players to jump to the beginning of a chapter. It's an improvement but it's not mandatory.
  • Finally launch _ENCODE.cmd and everything should be automatic. :-)
Note that tal.aloni recommends to mux to MP4 with his own muxer, and to convert the audio streams to AAC. Since his guide is made for very specific hardware and anyway BD3D2MK3D will never mux to MP4, I have not taken that recommendations into account. If your player is recent, it should support the MKV format anyway.

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th July 2015 at 09:31.