View Single Post
Old 26th January 2016, 17:14   #783  |  Link
GamBIT_Rus

If You really want to know smth about crops then I'd say that there's no such a problem for people with the subs You described since almost nobody hardcodes the pgs. In 99.99% crops is used the SRT format. And I use it always for good compatibility since my rips are downloaded very often. Even because the TVs usually do not support anything else except SRT. Even more, most of the people do not watch the subs at all. If it is not the Avatar for example.
People who watch crops dont demand the professional abilities, but the most important thing they want is 'no squares' in the picture. BD3D2MK3D can get it. If it would be able to encode not only the full picture. The most loss of picture in the crops is not of the things You said but of the wrong methods to get such a crop. They usually encode twice to get the crop, sometimes with the 1 pass - of course the picture is bad. They need an instrument to do it good, as much as possible, that's the problem. It's not of they do not want a quality at all.

Having done the 'Image Works' tab You could make the hardcode box to be disabled if a crop action is chosen. And no problem. If anyone wants the crop - he will not get the hardcoded subs, and I believe he will not even notice that. Because he doesnt need it at all.
If You do the program not for youself only but for the people then it might be a good idea to give them a chance to choose what they really want. With be best quality of possible. Crop is the existing and popular occurrence. You could warn the people of the problems with crop, but let them.
Anyway you did 720p although it is a very bad thing too, isnt it? It makes a loss of detail, looks like absolutely non-professional. BUT. It is needed to someone, and that's why it's done. And it's good.

I dont look crops. Personally. I dont look halfs. I've got 4K and watch only the full frame with 2160p. But it doesnt mean that I guess people are wrong watching the crop halfs. It is their decision, not mine.
If You do not make it nothing would happen with crops, they will still. Since there's a lot of encoding progs. Yes, it would be much better being done with BD3D2MK3D, but BD3D2MK3D isnt able to stop it, if it would not be implemented, I think You understand this.
I see that BD3D2MK3D is a very new promising project and it has a lot to grow. I've suggested a lot but if you are not interested in the suggestions so its your choice, of course.

Last edited by GamBIT_Rus; 26th January 2016 at 17:18.