View Single Post
Old 21st April 2007, 12:21   #71  |  Link
HeadBangeR77

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
When was the last build you could do a framestep with? It hasn't worked for me since I started using MPC, and that was several official releases back. (Almost a year and a half ago?) Most likely the bug cropped up at some point there.
Hello,
I've finally found some time to test the seeking and frame-stepping, as for now thoroughly with XviD (various builds) and DivX (3 Low Motion, 5.2, 5.2.1, 6.0, 6.2, 6.3). I'm using the build from the 5th of March atm. Seeking works as I described above, only the above described behaviour, when the short-cuts stop working, happens very seldom.

Frame-stepping works for me in both directions: forward without any fuss, backwards with one little problem - it goes 2 frames back after a short while, then it starts to work as it should - I can go back every single frame. One very important thing (!!!): I've been using the M$ AVI splitter, not the build-in one. I could risk a statement it works well with every AVI file I've tested so far, so it could /might be the built-in splitter issue (?).

After some very quick tests with AVC (in mkv and mp4 containers, Haali Splitter) - seeking is harder in general, and is much worse with b-frame pyramid enabled, however I think there isn't much anyone could do about it (?). Frame-stepping works well forwards, backwards doesn't want to work at all.

I can confirm chros's observations as to jumping to key frames (I just had a quick look at some mpge2 & wmv material).

cheers,
HDBR77

Last edited by HeadBangeR77; 21st April 2007 at 12:23.