View Single Post
Old 6th May 2009, 21:44   #1  |  Link
twazerty
AVCHDCoder developer

AVCHDCoder - Blu-ray, MKV, M2TS, etc to AVCHD encoder. From input to ISO. Easy to use

I had the idea to make my own tool for converting mkv to avchd. The reason was simple: I didn't really like other software. In my opinion they were not complete. At that time I used MediaCoder and there was always something I forgot. Also had to use other software to make it complete. It was not my vision how a converter should look like. So I've build one my own. Now you are interested what I've build with my 1,5-2 years of skills.

Like I said I made a converter. To be more specific a all in one converter. It is written in Java. I know it isn't the most obvious you can do but at the time it was the only thing I've learned.

Pictures say more than words so some screens:

For more screenshots: tools.twanwintjes.nl

Here is also a list of key features:
* Support for different kind of media: MKV, M2TS, MTS, TS, MP4, Blu-ray and most WMVHD files
* Maximum of 32 items on 1 disc. (Mixed content)
* Customize your intro video.
* Search for movie information on the internet and be able to use backgrounds and covers.
* Basic menu support.
* Up to 32 subtitles streams. SRT/ASS/PGS Blu-ray support.
* Up to 3 audio streams. AC3, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA, LPCM, WMA9, WMA10 Pro, AAC, FLAC, MP2, MP3, Vorbis/OGG support.
* Chapter support
* Wide range of output sizes: DVD5, DVD9, BD25, BD50, USB 4GB and custom output size.
* Integration of AVCHDCalculator to calculate the bitrate very accurate. So you are sure the discs are not oversized or to much undersized. (Unique calculator, first in the world)
* .iso or folder output.
* Video downscaling.
* Audio conversion.
* Normal and High Quality subtitle conversion.
* Borders will automatically be added to the video if necessary. Aspect ratio will be kept at all time.
* No need to configure the x264 video encoder. There are 3 build in profiles that can't be edited.
* Native 64 bit encoding.
* Decoder Tester to check if all required decoders are working properly.
* Save and open projects (jobs).

I am very proud at my AVCHD bitrate calculator. I made some unique formulas to calculate the bitrate. I knew there was more after reading on forums to use 8% as overhead. Totally not right. Somewhere between 4 and 12% based on the input.

Warning:
If you have installed codec packs like K-Lite , CCCP , Vista Codec Packs or similar UNINSTALL THEM IMEDIATELLY!

You can download the latest version here:
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB)
AVCHDCoder 11.08.03 Setup.exe (80MB) (Videohelp)
Log: Changelog

I am currently not capable to create everything. I think I need your help to make this app even better.

Last edited by twazerty; 5th August 2011 at 22:15.
twazerty is offline   Reply With Quote