View Single Post
Old 14th February 2009, 20:35   #10  |  Link

You're most welcome. Thank you for your useful testing and feedback.

As long as I am here, I'll mention a difficult issue I am working on. I ripped a blu-ray (Rolling Stones "Shine A Light") and found blocking on seeks in DGAVCIndexNV. It turns out that the PPS id 0 is being reused but the updated PPS's are sent once long before the seek point. That makes it VERY difficult to seek in such streams. It was OK when served because DGAVCDecodeNV injects the last PPS seen before a seek point (he has the index file). But when seeking in DGAVCIndexNV, you can just position to a random point in the timeline and thus the file. If the needed PPS has never been seen and is 50 MB back in the stream, what to do??? It's OK for blu-ray because they control the available seek points.

My options are:

a) forget it

b) add a "pre-parse PPS option", which could be used for such streams. You'd load your file and make a pass over the stream to collect PPS's. Then when you seek, you know the previous PPS.

Thoughts?

And while talking about this blu-ray disk, I found something else very interesting. I used AnyDVD HD to decrypt. Then, as I always do, I used Windows Explorer to copy the M2TS file to hard disk. But Explorer bombed out on copying a 40GB file. Insufficient resources nonsense. I Googled around and tried various things: Robocopy, xcopy, etc. All bombed. Then I thought let's try DGSplit with the segment set to the whole file and the destination set to the destination drive. It worked! Of course, it uses fread/fwrite rather than the Windows file copy API.

Last edited by Guest; 14th February 2009 at 20:47.