View Single Post
Old 19th September 2008, 01:38   #230  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK1974 View Post
I also checked DGAVCIndexNV on two XP SP3 machines with GeForce 8600 GT, and it is really fantastic. No more artifacts on my AVCHD recordings of my Canon HF100 (which I had with DGAVCIndex before).
Yes, it solves the problem of broken libavcodec.dll.

Quote:
When trying to install it on the second machine, the plug-in did not load. I installed the latest drivers 177.92 (which seems to be beta; from the "the force within" promotion section of the site), tried it with the "special" cuda drivers, installed the toolkit, nothing worked until I checked again with Sysinternals Processmon. It was finally the nvcuvid.dll which was missing in the system32 directory - after installing this I could even remove the cuda toolkit and reinstall the latest (beta) drivers.
Good to know. Thanks for reporting your experiences.

Quote:
I still have some remarks on the tool itself:
- When doing a SeparateFields(), BFF seems to be used although even DGAVCIndexNV itself says that it is TFF. Currently, I would have to set an AssumeTFF() before in any script handling with the fields.
SeparateFields() separates based on the parity of the clip. DGAVCDecode and DGAVCDecodeNV currently blindly set parity to BFF, because I haven't done the code to determine it and set it yet; it's been on my to-do list for a long time. Since most h264 streams are TFF, I will change it to set TFF, atleast until I get time to do it properly. It involves some parsing of PIC timing SEIs when field or frame repeats are present and other things.

Quote:
- I think it has not really clearly been said: TempGaussMC is a bobber which makes an 1080i50 being a 1080p50 while the NVIDIA deinterlacer just outputs 1080p25. This might be interesting for Blu-ray ripping but when it is about scaling while preserving the fields e.g. for an AVCHD-to-DVD conversion, this deinterlacing is useless IMHO - or did I miss something?
You can't make a DVD at double rate, it has to be 29.97 for NTSC, so your point is kind of moot. But anyway, there are a lot of applications of single-rate deinterlacing. Why do you think single-rate deinterlacers exist?

Quote:
- One little request: Could you please add the extension "mts" to the list of ts-streams in DGAVCIndexNV? Itīs the extension used by Canon AVCHD-Cams.
I think I can probably manage that.

Last edited by Guest; 19th September 2008 at 01:45.