View Single Post
Old 16th March 2015, 23:45   #265  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oops. It's an error. I did some tests with it, and I will probably adapt the code of BD3D2MK3D to include it officially in future versions, but currently, it should not be in the toolset folder. I forgot to remove it.

BTW, the syntax of x265 is relatively close to the x264 one, and it should be relatively easy to include it, but it has no --frame-packing argument, and therefore it is impossible to include the info about the 3D format in the video stream. I don't know why that option has been omitted, but it's a pity. Also, of course, many hardware players, including most recent TVs, will not be able to decode h265 video streams. At least, it's the case of my Samsung TV. So, I do NOT recommend to encode 3D movies with that too young codec. But the compression and quality of x265 are so astonishing that I am decided to include it with BD3D2MK3D, even if it's too early. I will consider it as an experimental feature. However, do not expect it soon. It's a big work for me, because there are many things to modify, and I need time...