View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2016, 11:58   #769  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamBIT_Rus View Post
- Would be useful to choose the destination of the resulted rip.
For ex, 50 Gb for iso-file, 50 Gb for demuxed project and 30 for rip will give ~130, while the empty space of SSD may be less. The main work runs with the project, while writing the final file doesnt demand a good speed. And often this file will be removed to another disk anyway. For ex, I'd like to choose a project stored on SSD, but result written on the HDD.
Totally agree. It's something on my ToDo list since a long time, but it has never been a priority. I will do it right now...
(However, note that the ISO must not be on the same disc than the project. The demux operation will be much faster if they are on two different physical discs, unless you use a SSD of course.)

Quote:
- An ability to set the priority low seems to be useful. This doesnt make the encoding slower if a user doesnt make smth. But if he does then it takes its reasons, so the encoding process have not to interfere. Of course a user may set it manually in the task manager, but it's worth if a program would do this itself. IMO.
It's already implemented. If you use the option "Exit and encode after a successful demux", the encoding is automatically launched at low priority. Otherwise, you should launch __ENCODE_3D_LOW_PRIORITY.cmd manually. It's a very simple batch file that launches __ENCODE_3D.cmd at low priority.

Quote:
- Are you able to make choosing a range of timeline to encode? By the chapter or by the time interval. It's good for checking a result without having to spent a lot of time waiting for the whole movie to be encoded (especially with the strong settings of quality). Many transcoding progs have such an ability.
No. Unfortunately, the MVC decoders are currently unable to seek to a specific time in the movie, and therefore it is not possible to begin the encoding at a certain point. However, it is (relatively) easy to stop it at any point. It's not possible with the GUI, but you can easily change the total number of frames to encode in the __ENCODE_3D.cmd script. The number of frames is present two times in the script, and 4 times if you encode in 2-pass. You have to change all occurrences. Have a look at the script, and you'll see that it's easy to do. Of course, to do that, you cannot use the "Exit and encode after a successful demux" option.
If you want to cut the movie just at a chapter point, have a look at chapters_3D.qpfile. It contains the frame numbers of the beginning of all chapters.

Quote:
- Is it possible to return to main window after the encoding ends, like in any other windows-based program? It's good if I want to see the used settings or want to encode again with the small change of it. Unfortunately now the program ends at the final and can't reopen the project.
The main window is closed only if you use the "Exit and encode after a successful demux" option. I did that option to let the user launch a demux and an encode at the evening. Normally, he should use also the option to shut down the computer, and in the morning, everything should be finished and the computer down. Therefore, it doesn't make sense to leave the main program opened.
Also, I don't want to have to leave the window opened during the encoding, because that's only an useless waste of memory. Depending on your encoding options, x264 may need that memory.
If you want to remember easily what encoding options you have used for your last project, you can tick Settings -> Save Settings on Exit. When you will re-open the program, you'll see the last encoding options in the last tab.
Furthermore, the encoding options are documented in two places. x264 stores the encoding options in the h264 stream, and a good program like MediaInfo or PotPlayer can show you that info at any time. However, it contains all options the encoder has really used, and not the simplified options provided by the user (such as the Preset). It's why BD3D2MK3D saves also the arguments it has used for the command line in the ENCODER_SETTINGS tag. Again, that tag (along with the tags you may have defined yourself in tab 3) can be displayed by MediaInfo or PotPlayer. You can also open the __TAGS_3D.xml in a text editor to examine the ENCODER_SETTINGS tag. (Note that that tag is only saved if the "Include encoder settings tags" option is ticked in tab 3.)
Also, the __ENCODE_3D.cmd script (with the command line used to compute the h264 stream) is automatically included as an attachment in the final MKV. You can extract it with MkvToolnix and gMkvExtractGUI, or open it in a text editor if you have still the project on disc.
As you can see, I did my best to document the encoding options as far as possible. I don't see any reason to leave the window opened to add still another way to verify the encoder settings.

Quote:
- Would be great if BD3D2MK3D could save project and reopen it like many programs. Demuxing each time takes a long. Sometimes it happens 5 times or more, just to check smth. This program cant work directly with iso, so the reuse of a done demux would help a lot.
Again, if you do not tick the option to exit after an encoding, you can relaunch the project several times. And the only thing that may be long to do is to fill the tags in tab 3. It's why you can save and reload them if you wish. That way, you can easily re-create a new project with the same movie. I don't think that selecting the streams again or verifying the encoder settings is so time consuming that it would require to save the project.

Anyway, IMO, restarting the project is not the best method to try different settings. I did my best to produce files with easy to understand file names and comments, so that the user can easily modify them AFTER the generation of the project. If, for example, you want to change an x264 option, you can simply edit __ENCODE_3D.cmd (and __tags_3D.xml to reflect the change in the ENCODER_SETTINGS tag) and relaunch it.
Similarly, if you know Avisynth, you can edit the AVS script to add filters or effects if you wish.
Also, if you just want to change some muxing options (such as the order or labels of the audio or subtitle streams), you can edit __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt and then launch __MUX_3D.cmd to remux the movie without having to re-encode it.
Similarly, you can change the labels of the chapters points by editing chapters_3D_delay.ogm.txt.

One of the big advantages of BD3D2MK3D over its commercial competitors is that possibility to modify almost everything manually. Commercial programs are black boxes, and if you are not happy with the result, you're stuck. BD3D2MK3D creates just a basic project, that you can use as it is if you're happy, but that you can also modify if you wish.
(BTW, it's also a reason why I don't want to set the Exit and encode after a successful demux option on by default. It's not the philosophy of BD3D2MK3D. If you prefer a simple "one button click" program, you should buy DVDFab and accept its bad quality.)

Quote:
- Another "wish" is if the program could not harm of the system suspend or hibernate. I've noticed that if I temporary stop the system and continue then the encoding will always give the unplayable file. Sometimes the encoding lasts for 1,5-2 days, and at the night it would be very pleasant if a computer was in the power-safe state. :-)
The problem of the bad encoding after an interruption is not related to BD3D2MK3D. It's x264 that doesn't support to be interrupted by a sleep/hibernate. If you want a fix for that problem, contact the authors of x264. I can't do it myself.

See also Settings -> Power Plans. And especially the Help topic in that menu.

You can also use BlockSleep" created by Slavanap (here) to force the PC to stay "alive" during the encoding, without having to modify temporarily the power plan. You will have to edit __ENCODE_3D.cmd to move the x264 command within blockspeed. I may add that feature in BD3D2MK3D later, but I'm not sure, because currently blockspeed.exe is detected as a virus by many antivirus programs, due to the way it works. That detections are certainly false positives, but I don't want to release it within the toolset directory of BD3D2MK3D because that may scare most users. So, currently, only the power plan setting is available in BD3D2MK3D.

Last edited by r0lZ; 23rd January 2016 at 12:08.