View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:04   #1250  |  Link
opieant

I didn't notice any reports in this thread on how DGAVCDecodeNV and DGAVCIndexNV behave on Windows 2000 so here's what they do for me:

DGAVCIndexNV opens normally, but when attempting to open an H.264 TS video the error message "GPU decoder: Failed to create video decoder [100]" appears. After clicking OK to the error dialog, nothing shows up in the DGAVCIndexNV window. The PIDs can be seen via the Stream menu options and the project can be saved, but the window cannot be closed normally (File -> Exit and the X just freeze the application).

Running CUVIDServer and using DGAVCDecodeNV.dll to open the project results in a "Failed to create video decoder" error in VirtualDub. This also causes VirtualDub to freeze and CUVIDServer to crash silently.

The same video plays back perfectly fine with the Cyberlink decoder under 2000. It also opens up with video in the normal DGAVCIndex under 2000, but doesn't decode properly, hence the interest in using DGAVCIndexNV.

Note that running an upgrade to XP on top of the 2000 installation without making any other changes results in DGAVCIndexNV, DGAVCDecodeNV, and CUVIDServer all working properly. Keeping XP installed on the PC I tested this on is not an option though.

I would be more than happy to help with any testing that might get DGAVCIndexNV running under 2000, but I won't be too surprised or disappointed if compatibility with it is a low priority.