View Single Post
Old 21st April 2016, 12:37   #968  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

@tebasuna51
Damn! I haven't verified with a right-view in AVC movie. And if it's really a MakeMKV bug, it's even worse than the previous situation, because the user will think that the correct views order is selected, and end up with the views inverted! I hope they will fix that bug immediately! I can't implement a workaround in BD3D2MK3D, because I have no way to know what version of MakeMKV has been used to create the 3D MKV.

@frank
BD3D2MK3D doesn't use eac3to to demux the audio streams. It uses tsMuxeR. (Except for the TrueHD tracks in a MKV container, that tsMuxeR cannot demux.)

The bug is in MakeMKV. It can successfully extract the 5.1 core of the DD+ tracks from the BD 3D. But you can also tick if you wish the DD+ track itself, to include it in the MKV. And the problem is here. The DD+ track (on BD) consists of the 5.1 core and an extension with 4 channels. MakeMKV extracts the extension only and create a bad 4-channels tracks that is not EAC3 nor AC3. The main channels are missing! It's just unusable and it is not recognised by eac3to, MediaInfo and all players I have. Only tsMuxeR seems to recognise it, and luckily shows that it has 4 channels. It can also demux it, but again, that track is useless. That means that, as long as that bug is present in MakeMKV, you have to tick the 5.1 core of the EAC3 tracks, and untick the "EAC3" track in the MakeMKV GUI. (If you don't untick it, BD3D2MK3D will detect that it has only 4 channels and refuse to process it.) It's a problem only for peoples who want to keep the best audio quality and use MakeMKV to decrypt the BD.

I agree that BD mostly use DTS for high quality audio. TrueHD is also very frequent. Luckily, EAC3 tracks are relatively rare, but they exist. A good example is the French track on Brave (Pixar).

Last edited by r0lZ; 21st April 2016 at 12:40.