View Single Post
Old 20th October 2015, 18:06   #642  |  Link
thahandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I have bad news. Unfortunately, due to limitations in the Windows command prompt (CMD), it is not possible to use a network share as the BD3D2MK3D project directory, unless you map a drive letter to the folder. It's because everything in BD3D2MK3D assumes that the project files are in the "current directory" when __ENCODE_3D.cmd is launched. And, if __ENCODE_3D.cmd is somewhere on a network share, when you launch it (by double clicking it), the current directory is "C:\Windows" instead of the directory containing the CMD file.
[...]
U can't CMD/CD on a direct network share but u can point to a network share (like you pointed out already), but this require you to run from BD3D2MK3D or a temp / project folder, which is the other way you work
Quote:
[EDIT] Just finished a short test. I have generated a project on my Lacie. It's a short film with some subtitles. The generation of the project took 32 minutes. Out of curiosity, I have generated exactly the same project on my slowest local HDD, and it took less than 7 minutes. About 4.5 times faster! Of course, you may have a faster network than mine, but obviously, a network drive will never be as fast as a local HDD.
Assuming you have 40GB to demux, it's about 75MB/s for the HDD and 20MB/s over network.
Most likely your NAS is the bottleneck. Nice for small things not for bulk storage. A NAS with writing speed of +100MB/s cost a lot tbh .

Tsmuxer to //host/share (hitachi 1TB) 11m02s ~60MB/S (~550Mb/s)
Tsmuxer to HDD1 (WD raptor 300) 10m24s ~ 63MB/s
Tsmuxer to SSD (samsung 840 EVO) 10m07s ~ 66MB/S
Quote:
I have not tried to encode the project yet, but that will certainly also be slower.
[..]
As fast it can encode but I doubt its passing the 5MB/s