View Single Post
Old 20th April 2017, 21:52   #1564  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
Confirming this (also on XP), but I have no drive E: in my system. I've monitored file system activity with Sysinternal's Process Monitor - it shows no attempts to access anything with E: in a path, if that matters. I've also compared file access patterns of 0.7.93 and 0.7.94 versions, filtering out all successful results, and haven't found any differences except one thing. At the very beginning of an execution (unfiltered log entry ~10, before accessing any dependent dll) there are some QueryDirectory operations that enumerate files in several folders (one with MediaInfo.exe, system32, WinSxS), starting from the root and all the way down to them. And in 0.7.94 right after these queries there is one more enumeration of the tree down to a folder with a media file passed as a parameter - something that the previous version didn't do. So maybe that is somehow relevant to this issue?
I can confirm the "E: File read error" problem on my side as well. This happens for me on Windows 10.

BTW: I'm pretty sure "E:" is simply the prefix MediaInfo prepends to error messages:
Code:
void Log_0 (struct MediaInfo_Event_Log_0* Event, struct UserHandle_struct* UserHandler)
{
    String MessageString;
    if (Event->Type>=0xC0)
        MessageString+=__T("E: ");

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 20th April 2017 at 22:08.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote