View Single Post
Old 17th June 2008, 18:16   #211  |  Link
Bradskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgtstr View Post
This is what I have installed currently: k-like codec pack v3.9.0, avi.net v2.5.8.0, pgc.net v2.0.0.0, and the support tools off of avi.net’s website. I have been using dvdfab hd decrypter v5.0.2.5 to get the movie to my hard drive and then I use pgc.net to extract just the movie. After this is done, I open up the extracted movie through VLC and everything plays fine and to make sure everything is still in sync. I then add it into avi.net……when its done indexing and setting the aspect ratio and starts playing through avi.net, the audio and video are out of sync. and carries over after the conversion. Is there something that I am doing wrong or is there something in the temp folder that avi.net creates that I could edit? My other thought is……could the type of encryption on the dvd be messing with the sync issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I believe I have posted about this before, but what you describe sounds like a common phenomenon I encounter occasionally. In my limited understanding, it has to do with copy protection and the limitations of the avi container. Even though DVDFab does a good job of removing copy protection, sometimes the protection method goes so far as to intentionally corrupt or alter the raw MPEG streams you are trying to extract. This occurs particularly with DVDs from one notorious big studio. MPEG format contains error correction and time codes that allow these to still play back correctly, but when converted you will have bad sync issues. When I encounter this issue I run the pgc-extracted VOBs through a feature called "Quickstream Fix" found in the commercial tool VideoRedo, and convert the output file with avi.NET. VideoRedo will tell you if it had to correct sync frames, after which you should not have sync issues in the converted DivX. I don't know of another tool that can do the same, though there may be one. Hope this helps.
Bradskey is offline   Reply With Quote