View Single Post
Old 17th January 2016, 16:29   #759  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hi, GamBIT_Rus, and welcome to the Doom9 forums.

1. The "No forced captions" warning happens only when, well, there are no forced captions in a subtitle stream.
It might be difficult to determine the right stream to encode, because it depends of the authoring of the original BD.

In some BDs, the same subtitle stream contains the forced and non-forced captions. In that case, the BD usually contains only a single stream in that language, and the forced captions are individually flagged as forced within the stream. You should select that stream, but with the "(forced captions only)" extension if you don't want to hardcode all subtitles. Unfortunately, it is impossible to count the number of forced captions in a stream without demuxing it, and it's way too long to do it when the BD is loaded in the GUI. So, you have to try yourself. If the subtitle stream doesn't contain forced captions at all, you'll get the warning, and the stream is skipped (and therefore not hardcoded). That's not a bug.

The second method to include forced captions in a BD is to create two streams in the same language. One stream contains all captions (including the forced captions, but they are not flagged as forced), and the other stream contains only the forced captions (again not flagged as forced). You have therefore to select the right stream. And in that case, you should NOT select the stream with the "(forced captions only)" extension, because since the stream has no forced flags, it will be skipped. You should instead tick the "Forced" checkbox, that instructs BD3D2MK3D that all captions in that stream are forced.

Unfortunately, in that second case, it is not possible to know for sure if it's the first or second stream in your language that contains the demuxed streams. And other streams in the same language can also be present, such as the subtitles for the director comments or the hearing impaired. To know what stream you should select, the best way is to play the MPLS with a good player that shows you all subtitle streams (in the same order than in the BD). I use PotPlayer for that purpose and it is easy to locate the stream with all subtitles. Locating the stream with the forced subtitles only might be more difficult, but if there are only two streams in your language, it's necessarily the other stream.

If you wish, you can also simply tick all streams in your language, to demux them all. When they are demuxed, you can easily load them in BDSup2Sub to examine them. Then, you must edit the AVS script to modify the file name of the stream to hardcode, and delete the unnecessary streams from the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file. That's not difficult, and you can be sure of the result.

You should now understand why BD3D2MK3D shows each subtitle twice in tab 2. When the first authoring is used and there are forced subs, you can use the "(forced captions only)" variant to extract the subtitles with the forced flag only. When the second authoring is used, they are useless (and always empty) and you must locate the right stream yourself, with a good player.

Anyway, there is no bug in the detection of the subtitle streams. There is currently nothing that can analyse the subtitle streams sufficiently rapidly without demuxing the streams to present you the complete information, and you have to figure out yourself what stream to use.

The "there is no function named "SupTitle"" problem is more difficult to understand. I have never encountered it, and if you don't try to add yourself a subtitle in the AVS script, and if you encode the final MKV with __ENCODE_3D.cmd (and not with another program!) it should work. Maybe for whatever reason your PC cannot run SupTitle.dll? Can you verify that it is in the "toolset" directory of BD3D2MK3D, with SupCore.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll ? Also, in the AVS script, the command LoadPlugin("path\to\BD3D2MK3D\toolset\SupTitle.dll") should not be commented out. (It should NOT begin with the "#" character). If all these conditions are met, the error message should never be displayed.

If really SupTitle doesn't work for you, try to change the "Hardcode subtitle method" in the Settings menu, and select VobSub. The quality is less good, but at least that plugin doesn't need M$ libraries to work, and it should be easier to run.

2. Sorry, but IMO, it is very important that the user waits at least until the demux process has started, just to be sure that everything works well. And it is not difficult to tick that box at that time.

3. The compatibility of the players with h265 depends of the player, its codecs and the hardware. I can't tell you what settings to use for YOUR TV. IMO, for a good compatibility, you should NOT use x265, still very new and somewhat experimental. (BTW, I have added the support for x265 in BD3D2MK3D at the request of some experienced users, but I can't assume the responsibility if that doesn't work. And I have added a warning when you select it. Have you read it?) You have to figure out yourself the parameters suitable for your TV. And the fact that DVDFab's encoding in h265 work fine means just nothing. I don't know its h265 encoder, but I know that it encodes in h264 with very basic settings (hence the bad quality) and x264 or x265 are much more powerful encoders. But you have to learn how to use them. Also, honestly, personally I don't use x265, and therefore I don't know it well.