View Single Post
Old 14th April 2015, 19:14   #339  |  Link
brochild

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
OK, there are 10 subtitle streams (3D ONLY, in BD SUP and VobSub formats) in your MKV of 47 Ronins. You should be able to select them with any good player. The name of the first one is "English forced 3D (BD SUP)" and its language code is "eng". The other streams have similar names and language codes. Everything looks perfect.
I can only select them if I use TSMUXER to create a blue-ray ISO image, mount the image and play it.

Quote:
However, all streams are marked as forced and that's not normal. I suppose you have blindly ticked all "forced" option in tab 2. You should do that ONLY if you know for sure that the stream contains ONLY forced subtitles. But it's another problem.
Yes, I did select all of them because I was not sure.

Quote:
and the subtitles are certainly present in the MKV.
In the current MKV file, I can only see one subtitle, the one with the long name that ends with 2d.idx. When I read the MKV in tsmuxer, I get a warning message that some of the streams cannot be loaded. I do see all the 3D subtitles, the ones that I see using the converted ISO image. I see none of the ones that ends with "2d.idx". These I need so PowerDVD14 can allow me to select them while watching the MKV file.

Quote:
I don't understand what you want to do. You have the subtitle streams in the MKV file, and there is no need to add them again. But if you have made a mistake by including the 3D subtitles only and you want to include the 2D files as well without starting the whole process over, I suggest to edit the _MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file to add the 2D streams, and then again launch _MUX_3D.cmd. But you must know what you are doing.
I thought I selected "3D, then 2D", I'm not sure - but I will try that.

Quote:
Or you can use Tools -> MkvMerge GUI, open the existing MKV in MkvMerge, add the subtitle streams (you can drag and drop them), select the right language and type a suitable name for each stream, and finally click Start Muxing to generate a new MKV file with all streams. That's easy.
OK, this is easy enough to try - I will give that a shot as soon as I get home. Will I still get a mkvmerge.log file if I use this manual process?
If I do, I will send that to you so you can see what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks again for all your help.
I really do appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to analyze my problem.

Merci beaucoup mon ami.