View Single Post
Old 13th March 2019, 21:48   #11  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
In the cmd window you must use single "%" instead of "%%". "%%" is for batch files.

For the paths:
You have several options. You can set files and folders using their relative paths (relative to the working directory, in your sceenshot it's c:\windows\system32\) or their absolute paths. If you use relative paths for the executables it's easiest to put things into %PATH% like StainlessS said so you can call them from anywhere. It's not strictly necessary, just for convenience.

Personally, I usually open the cmd in the directory where the files I want to work on are. Usually I go into the folder using the Explorer, hold shift and right-click on an empty stop and select "open command prompt here" (with Windows 10 it's difficult). Then working directory will be that folder instead of c:\windows\system32\.
I have ffmpeg, x264, mkvmerge and other vital tools in %PATH%.

Then I can just use the simple commands like my ffmpeg example without writing the long, absolute paths.
Ah, I see... Yes, I remember about opening the CMD prompt in the directory. I guess, just to make bloody SURE that this is as direct, linear, and SIMPLE as possible, for now I will try just to stay with the straight forward example that you gave me. So, now I will try to run the script exactly as it is above, but using the CMD window, I will use single % symbols. I will indeed though examine the further details later that you mention. I just wanna see if I can get the damn thing going first

Thank you!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote