View Single Post
Old 4th November 2021, 14:59   #19312  |  Link
Noisrevid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKPN View Post
I've been having some issues recently with encodes hanging after completing the chunks. I use the batch encoder distributed among two servers (one on the main encoding PC and the other in a VM on my gaming PC). Sometimes the encodes will go through from start to finish and work properly, but other times the chunks will finish encoding and the window will disappear, but the step to combine and mux the files will not start. In task manager, the encoding window will sometimes show not responding. If I force it closed, the process continues and the file is created. Other times, nothing will be out of the ordinary in the task manager, and the only way to finish the encode is to manually combine the chunks and mux the files. Then I have to remove the job from the main window after closing and reopening RB (aborting causes it to hang).

Any ideas on what might be happening? I generally do large batches while AFK, so when one gets stuck it stops the entire process and I don't see it until hours later. It's been really slowing down my library updates.
I was testing distributed encoding last night and experiencing the exact same problem on videos that were longer than a certain point with hanging or systems that would go from IDLE to ENCODING over and over without figuring itself out.. Until eventually all 8 of my machines were hung up going from IDLE to ENCODE status.. Sometimes the issue would pop up immediately with the second chunk just not working at all 90% of the time. Adjusting the chunk size from 1 min to 2 min helps but it eventually breaks again. Let me know if you find the fix, maybe upping the chunk to 3+ minutes may help? I also don't know what "BDO Strength" means in the settings but it seems to be default to 1.0 and doesn't go higher, only lower.
Noisrevid is offline   Reply With Quote