View Single Post
Old 13th May 2018, 16:11   #50820  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaemon View Post
Custom modes used to work for me, at least with some resolution. I was mostly using 3840x2160@23. I recently changed some hardware, switched to Windows 10 and despite the fact that I have installed one of the recommended NVIDIA driver, custom mode is broken.

Do any of you has a "strategy" to try to identify what the problem might be? Despite doing a clean install of the recommended driver?

I would also be interest to have some feedback from users using custom modes at a very specific resolution, eg. 4096x2160@23. I'm a Sony projector owner and this is now my default resolution.

Thanks.

On a completely different topic, I would also suggest to clarify the scaling tabs. I feel like it could be better. Isn't possible to clearly differentiate between luma and chroma scaling? I remember one build with four options: chroma doubling and quadrupling, luma doubling and quadrupling.

Anyway, love madVR. Excellent job!
If custom modes used to work for you, running DDU usually solves these issues. I know you did a fresh install of the driver, but that isn't always good enough. This has fixed issues for me with custom resolutions twice now.

I am using the latest driver with a working custom mode.

Last edited by Warner306; 13th May 2018 at 16:42.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote