View Single Post
Old 28th December 2009, 22:11   #1334  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

new feature: reading multiple VOBs

Hey,

I've implemented reading multiple VOBs that logically belong together as if they were a single big file. Here's the ChangeLog entry that should make clear what I mean:

Quote:
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: If a MPEG-2 program stream file is added to mkvmerge whose base name ends in a number then mkvmerge will automatically read and process all other files in the same directory with the same base name, same extension and different numbers. Those files are treated as if they were a single big file. This applies e.g. to VOB files from DVD images that are named VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB etc. mmg will output an error message if the user tries to add or append one of the other files that mkvmerge will process automatically (e.g. if the user has added VTS_01_1.VOB already and tries to append VTS_01_2.VOB).

This also fixes bug 437.
I certainly need some folks to test this. I've successfully muxed files on both Windows and Linux.

This also means that mkvmerge will still detect VOB files from the middle of such a set as e.g. h264 instead of MPEG-2 if you decide to add e.g. VTS_01_3.VOB instead of VTS_01_1.VOB -- don't do that

BTW: No, this of course does not mean that mkvmerge can read directly from encrypted DVDs. It does not contain decryption routines.

Here's the link to the Windows build: http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-193-setup.exe

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.