View Single Post
Old 15th March 2018, 11:02   #1447  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks for the tests, Actionable Mango.

To clarify, can you describe exactly how you use Plex?

My old Samsung TV doesn't support the 3D subtitles, but with the Plex app, I can see them... indirectly. Of course, I have installed the Plex Media Server on the PC, but when using the TV app, I've been disappointed to see that the subtitles are there but not selectable "in this video mode". I have had to change the video playback mode to transcoding and now I can select the subtitles. In other words, the TV with the Plex app cannot directly display the subtitles. To see them, the media server must burn them over the video. That works, but since the video is transcoded in real time, the quality is less good than the original MKV, and the PC is working hard during the playback. So, for me, the Plex solution is better than nothing, but certainly not perfect.

Do you also need to transcode the movies to enable the subtitles, or can you see them with the direct streaming video mode? I suppose that the answer depends of the possibility of the TV to display embedded BD SUP subtitles. Unfortunately, my Samsung cannot.

Last edited by r0lZ; 15th March 2018 at 11:06.