View Single Post
Old 25th July 2015, 17:42   #446  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, I have always wanted to add the frame sequential packing, but I did not it yet, because there is no real demand for that packing method.

It should be possible to modify the avs script easily to change the output. It is also very simple to modify the mux option file. If I have some time in the next days, I'll try to implement it. However, there are a few things I need to know.

- Is is a well established standard for the order of the frames? Is it left view first like for SBS and T&B? (Anyway, it will NOT be possible to swap the order from the GUI, and therefore it is important to know the answer.)

- What frame rate should I use? All 3DBDs are encoded in 23.976 fps. I suppose therefore that I need simply to use 47.952 (or, more precisely, 48/1.001 fps). Correct?

Also, note that the encoding may be difficult and produce relatively big files for a relatively low quality, due to the difficulty for x264 to analyse the movement of the objects on screen if they jump back and forth to the left and right views, and compress that different views efficiently. But that's another problem.

I will try to do some tests this evening, and perhaps I'll be able to post tomorrow an explanation of what should be changed in the AVS script and Mux 3D options file to encode the movie in frame sequential mode. Stay tuned.

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th July 2015 at 18:13.