Thread: Zopti
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2021, 17:11   #151  |  Link
zorr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
Is there a way to utilize Avisynth+'s Prefetch to speed up calculation? I tested it briefly but there were problems probably related to writing to the file asynchronously.
I haven't tried it myself but it's worth an investigation. I think there's going to be problems if multiple threads are writing to the same file.

Is it possible to force WriteFile to execute on one thread while the filters before it are multithreaded? The documentation states that you cannot set MT mode on script function calls, but would placing a MT_SERIALIZED plugin call just before WriteFile have that side effect? Or can you just say SetFilterMTMode("WriteFile", MT_SERIALIZED)?

On the other hand, perhaps the WriteFile is already MT_SERIALIZED but the threads are writing into it in arbitrary order and the last line is not always last as it should be. In that case the per frame results should be written into a temporary thread-safe variable which would be written to file in correct order when all the frames are finished. It works like that in Vapoursynth using a map, but Avisynth doesn't have such a data structure so I'm not sure how to implement that. Perhaps a simple array would suffice as long as it's thread safe.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote