View Single Post
Old 5th March 2008, 17:34   #488  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Hello users and package maintainers,

I've released a new version of MKVToolNix, v2.2.0. It contains major bug fixes (a lot of crashes with should be gone) and a couple of new features.

Here are the usual links to the most interesting downloads:

The source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/ mkvtoolnix-2.2.0.tar.bz2

The binaries for Windows 2000, XP or newer:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....2.0-setup.exe

The program home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/index.html

Binaries for a couple of Linux distributions are available from the home page. The users of Debian and Ubuntu that use my Apt repositories should note that I've renamed my package to match the official package names in Debian and Ubuntu. You can get this release of MKVToolNix with "apt-get install mkvtoolnix mkvtoolnix-gui".

As always I'll finish with the ChangeLog between the previous release 2.1.0 and this release.

Have fun

Regards,
Mosu

-----------------------------------------
2008-03-04 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v2.2.0.

2008-02-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for handling AC3 in WAV in ACM mode.

2008-02-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading AC3 from QuickTime/MP4 files. Fix for bug 254.

2008-02-27 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for handling AC3 in WAV in IEC 61937 compatible streams (aka SPDIF mode).
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for WAV files with multiple data chunks.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a cause for the error message "no data chunk found" by fixing the skipping of 'fmt ' chunks.

2008-02-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for AAC-in-AVI with CodecID 0x706d as created by mencoder. Fix for bug 266.

2008-02-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Rewrote the OGM reader code. Another part of a fix for bug 267.

2007-12-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Rewrote the timecode application code. Additionally force the "previous cluster timecodes" that libmatroska uses to the current timecode. This seems to get rid of libmatroska's assertions about the local timecode being to small/big to fit into an int16. It also seems to get rid of some of mkvmerge's errors about the packet queue not being empty, and it fixes a couple of crashes with file splitting.

2007-12-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: OGM files with non-Theora video tracks caused mkvmerge to fail since 2.1.0, or the resulting file was unplayable. Fix for bug 267.

2007-10-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Accept other Theora header versions than 3.2.0 as long as the major version is 3 and the minor 2. Fix for bug 262.

2007-09-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG PS reader: Fixed the resyncing mechanism during normal reads. Another fix for bug 259.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MPEG PS reader: mkvmerge tries to resync to the next MPEG start code in case of error during stream detection. Fix for bug 259.

2007-08-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: SVQ1 video tracks read from QuickTime files are output as V_MS/VFW/FOURCC tracks and not as V_QUICKTIME tracks. Fix for bug 257.

2007-08-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* avilib: bug fix: Fixed a segmentation fault if reading the first part of an index failed but a second/other index part is present. Fix for bug 256.

2007-08-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files that contain coordinates in the timecode line are supported. The coordinates are discarded automatically (as S_TEXT/SRT doesn't support them), and a warning is shown.
-----------------------------------------

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.