View Single Post
Old 30th October 2021, 00:46   #12  |  Link
johnmeyer

I would have to play around with it to know for sure whether it is an improvement.

I did not go back and re-read that thread, but I've revisited this Delta=2 issue many times. In general, I always try to avoid using Delta=2 because by using information from two frames away, you introduce additional temporal (and spatial) displacement compared to Delta=1. For most MVTools2 applications you use Delta=1 for exactly that reason.

What I have always wanted with MVtools2 -- and maybe there is a way to do this -- is to estimate the next frame using vectors from the two previous frames. You obviously need to have to samples for each pixel from two different frames in order to create a vector. When the goal is to interpolate a new frame at some position following the current frame it just seems like you'd get better results using the previous two frames because that way you only have one point on the vector that is from a moment in time that is two frames away.

However, the proof will be in the use, and when I get a chance I'll try to see if your approach produces cleaner video.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote