View Single Post
Old 25th October 2009, 18:27   #12  |  Link
kolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon3i View Post
I agree, but scenarist wont mux stream out of specs that is key thing, i don't care if stream is broken itself, that should be done by encoder, like DTS verifier after encoding. The key thing is that stream contain 100% compilacy parameters. btw did this Sony BD verifyer is avaible in public? as demo/trial or something? or with some app like Blu print?
Muxing is one thing- there are many more restricions and rules- seamless connetion in playlists, multiangel, etc. Scenarist can produce out of the spec BD discs (evn if seperate assets are BD compliant) and you won't know about it unless you verify the imnage. It either comes to your knowledge or you need to use verifier.

BD verifier is not available in any trial/demo version- as far as I know. You can have trial version of Blu-print, but you need a company which has to go through credit check process.

If you make discs which are replicated in thousands copies, you have to be sure about your software.
If stream from x264 passes one verification it still doen't mean it can be safetly used for commercial use. We would need at least few tests with different settings and options used for encoding.

Andrew

Last edited by kolak; 26th October 2009 at 01:15. Reason: delete OT content
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote