Thread: Sync problem
View Single Post
Old 21st March 2011, 03:52   #1  |  Link
Mahonni

Sync problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert a MPEG2 file (Super8) to x264 using MeGUI. I'm not very experienced in that matter, since I've done it many times but everything went straightforward all the time and I stuck with the most common options.

Right now I have a problem with the sync. I know many people have problems with sync, but I couldn't find this answer in the forums :S (here it looks like the same problem, although my case it's not a cartoon). So, it's not something that can be solved with a delay, it's just that the audio tends to be delayed as long as the video reaches the end. In fact, after doing the DGIndex I checked the audio length and it looks a bit shorter than the video itself. I even tried to convert the audio to PCM and mux it there (the muxer didn't like the mp2 audio file), with no success.

Can anyone help me with that?

Oh, the source is PAL, 25.000 fps, encoded in MPEG2, and the audio is 48KHz, in MPEG Audio (version 1) (Layer 2). I'm not sure if it's VBR (or if it's possible in this format, media info doesn't say anything about that), since I read encoders have trouble with MP3 VBR.

Thanks!!
Mahonni is offline   Reply With Quote