View Single Post
Old 11th October 2020, 18:18   #449  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireattack View Post
Hi, I want to report a bug/inconsistency in the GUI.

When loading an input file, it shows two "delays" for any track.

According to https://sourceforge.net/p/gmkvextrac...read/ee13f7e1/ the first delay is relative to 0 timestamp and the second one is relative to the video.

The original comment only mentions audio track, so what about the video track?
Is the second delay still relative to the video (itself), or to the audio?

Either way, it doesn't seem to match with the behavior.

I made two videos to test: one with audio delayed for 2sec, one with video delayed for 2sec.

The first one (audio delay):

The video's second delay says "0ms", so it means it's NOT delay relative to audio, because otherwise it would be "-1978ms".

The second one (video delay):

Now, here video's second delay says "2000 ms", which means it's indeed relative to the audio. This is inconsistent with example 1.

Summary:

In both cases, the first delay of video track is consistently shows the delay relative to 0 timestamp.
In both cases, the first delay of audio track is consistently shows the delay relative to 0 timestamp.
In both cases, the second delay of audio track is consistently shows the delay relative to the video track.

However, the second delay of video track is inconsistent, it shows the delay relative to the audio in one, but not in another (it is not consistently relative to the video, either.)
@fireattack
So sorry for the late reply, too much work IRL!
Actually the second delay in the video track will always be the same with the first one, you are right and I should refrain from showing 2 delays for the video tracks.
There is no video delay relative to the audio, since that is not the way MKVToolnix works, at least AFAIK.
I'll check if I can make this fix.
Thanks for your feedback!

@rmlazzari
I'm not much of a Linux guy myself, like @jones1913 said, it should work out of the box if you have the mono framework installed (I think Ubuntu comes with it preinstalled).
So, you just download the archive from the DL link, and you run the ".exe" file like you would do in Windows.
If mono is installed, it should run without much fuss!
P.S.
I would really like your feedback if you find the time to do this test, thank you in advance!
gpower2 is offline   Reply With Quote