View Single Post
Old 16th March 2016, 11:23   #854  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
Why is bdsup2sub++ not recommended?
It has a lot of bugs. Especially, when it converts some subtitle streams to XML/PNG, it generates a lot of black images and a lot of entries in the XML file for the same subtitle. It is then impossible to convert the XML to SUB or SUP. Unfortunately, it is not developed any more, so that bug cannot be fixed. (The development of the java version has stopped too, but it is more mature and has less bugs. Its well known bug of the wrong frame rate used when converting to or from XML/PNG can easily be addressed, and anyway the ++ version has the same bug.)
It's a pity, because I hate java, and the ++ version is 10 times faster, but it is too dangerous to use it currently.

Quote:
Btw, no_simpleblock seems not to be supported anymore.
OK, I'll verify that. Can you confirm that the option is simply useless, or does it make MkvMerge crash?

Quote:
A few "requests"

- It would be cool if it could show the actual number of channels on each audio stream, and perhaps be able to choose for each one weather it should extract the core or not. F.ex. in case of 7.1 tracks, I would rather keep the 7.1, but would still extract core of additional 5.1 tracks to save space.
It's not simple for me. And anyway, if you select the global option to extract the core in tab 2, the 7.1 track is demuxed, but the 5.1 track is muxed automatically. You can easily modify __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt to replace it with the 7.1 version since it is on HDD.

Quote:
- In case of hardsubbing, also create an AVS/CMD for non-subbed
Again, it's not as easy as it sounds. Creating a second AVS script is not really difficult, but I will have to create also the new CMD files to call the right AVS script. Anyway, it is very easy to remove the command that does the hardsubbing if you want to do the two versions. Also, new options and scripts will be confusing for the casual users.

Quote:
Perhaps be able to create different configurations of a movie. Say I've processed a movie with hardsubbing, and now I want to create a version without subs and a different language, then it could create a new avs/cmd/options file in the same directory, and skip the extraction because the files are already extracted.
It's difficult for me. The normal flow of operations is already very complicated (due to the numerous options available) and I don't want to make it even harder to maintain. And I need some information available only when the whole process is made (such as the exact number of frames, available only when the streams are demuxed), so currently it's impossible. Also, I will have no way to know if the user wants to restart the whole process from scratch because something went wrong the first time, or if he wants only to generate a variant of the scripts.

Anyway, the philosophy of BD3D2MK3D is to save all files in a project directory and document them as far as possible so that an experienced user can freely modify them if he wish, instead of hiding the details of the operations in a black box, like most programs do. The drawback is that many users feel uncomfortable with that numerous and sometimes somewhat cryptic files and I don't want to make things even more complex to understand. As you said:
Quote:
It's really no big deal. I just modify them manually