View Single Post
Old 29th June 2004, 12:23   #115  |  Link
Didée

Chainmax:

Better it would be, yes.

In front of my mind's eye, I see a little website, holding all my scripts, nice colorful manuals for them, and preferably several dozens of MB's for offering demo clips to download.

You organize the webspace, and I'll upload.

malkion:

Indeed. All Dust flavours by Steady are limited by framesize. But remember, Steady appeared out of nowhere with his Dust package by a time when Conv3D was "the magic filter" - early 2003, that was. Times have changed a lot since then. By then, we thought not very much about processing HDTV sources. For sure we didn't think about *motion compensated* processing of such big framesizes ... not to speak about encoding
A big pity is that you can't call Dust more than once on the same clip ranges, because of some internal variable's stuff, as it seems. Otherwise you could crop with a little overlap, blow the dust over it, and re-stack it together.
If you definetly want to do it, you have to create four avisynth scripts, each calling the same source, each cropping one quadrant+overlap, dust it, crop overlap, return it. Then you create a script that calls these four scripts by *AviSource*, and stack them together.
With a little luck, it might work.

Hmmh ... time to check out Manao's mvtools - although I've the feeling they still have some way to go to reach Dust's level, as far as denoising is concerned. Actually I can't tell.

[edit]

still to malkion:

Excuse me, but ...
Code:
I noticed prior to this version you had coded some yuv analyzing which 
you could call on to check out the video (or was it on limitedsharpen)
I did ... WHAT ?

I have no idea what that should have been. Please explain closer. Do you by any chance mean an optional "colorYUV(analyze=true)" call to show the used level ranges?

Oh, and "edge00" is only a relict from developping, it is not used at all. Moreover, the usage of edge00 in the debug section was ... a li'l mistake

- Didée

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 29th June 2004 at 13:13.
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote