View Single Post
Old 30th June 2011, 03:14   #5  |  Link
johnmeyer

First of all, I am going to post (tonight or tomorrow) an update to the script I posted above. I feel pretty stupid about this, but my moving average includes the frames which are duplicates. These frames yield a Ydiff of exactly zero, and this invalidates the moving average. So, I wrote some tortured code (given how conditionals work) to use an adjacent clip's values whenever zero is detected. I'm testing this now, and I think it is going to completely eliminate the residual jumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
Just a quick comment on the use of ScriptClip, for future reference ...

The input clip to ScriptClip is (initially) available as 'last' inside the run-time script, so you don't need to refer there to 'source' (which consequently need not be global).
I'll see if that works. I am sure you are correct, and this is how I originally wrote the code. However, as I modified things, some of my attempts involved using outside variables inside the conditional which, as you know, requires them to be declared as global.

I have some vague understanding that "global = bad", but I'm not quite sure what calamity awaits me if I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Martens View Post
You can grab the stream with some minor detective work, if you want ... I was, however, able to use RTMPDump to drop the output into an FLV file ...
I'll definitely look into this after dinner. While I have enjoyed the challenge of creating this script, the original objective (other than draining the swamp ...) was to give this guy the video of his kid, and make it look as good as possible. A better capture is obviously the right way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
If you want an easy to use GUI to download that video, streamtransport appears to work (I didn't download the entire video, but it looks to be working fine)
Ditto my last comment. I just Googled that name and it looks like a site similar to Keepvid. I didn't know about this one. I think I'll try this first.

Thanks to everyone!
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote