View Single Post
Old 20th November 2017, 15:04   #1308  |  Link
albesp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Of course, if you watch the movie with the TV playing it in 3D but without the 3D glasses, you MUST see two slightly different images. You see the image for the left eye + the image for the right eye with your two eyes, and of course that's not how you are supposed to watch a 3D movie.

The objects that appear (with the glasses) approximately at the surface of the screen may give the impression that there is only one image, but when the distance from the screen to the background (or foreground) objects increases, the two images are more distant, and the effect of a double image becomes visible. (The effect is somewhat similar to what you can see when you are severely drunk.) It's caused by the parallax, and it's not only normal, but necessary. You can see exactly the same "double image" effect if you watch the 3D movie in a theater without the glasses.

If what you see when you use the 3D glasses is correct and appears in 3D, that means that everything is normal, and works as expected. You should NEVER watch a 3D movie without the glasses, as that doesn't make sense. (Some TVs have an option to watch the 3D movie in 2D, but in that case, they show you only a single view, and of course the "double image" effect disappears.)
ok ok, i'll try to explain better my problem, i have 2 movie coded in half-sbs, i watch both movie on my tv with my glasses, one of the two movies views good, in all beautiful 3d scene, i see right the 3d depth in all scenes. Now i want to explain better the problem on other movie, i see on tv with glasses, i see the 3d depth also on this movie, but different from the another one i see on this on background like a 3d double image effect, like i see on tv without glasses, but the strange is that i see only on background this problem, the 3d depth of image is right!