View Single Post
Old 20th October 2015, 18:40   #643  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I have intentionally avoided the path in the CMD and MUX_OPTIONS files generated by BD3D2MK3D, because I know that paths are a source of problems when they contain accented or special characters (due to the absurd handling of the character encodings by M$, especially for everything related to the command prompt). Therefore, I prefer to CD to the directory containing the project files, as I can use the file names without the paths. That makes also the files easier to read and modify manually. And I really don't want to change that now.
The bug report should be sent to M$, not yo me! ;-)

I have finished all tests and as far as I know, creating the project files on a network share works now flawlessly. But you will still have to map the network drive letter to encode it.

I will release the new version (my) tomorrow...

For the speed comparison, I notice that some tools are much slower when they work on distant files, regardless of the speed of the network. Not sure why, but for example, when tsMuxeR has finished demuxing the streams, the progress bar stays blocked on 100% during a long moment, apparently without reason. I suppose it's because all files must be flushed and closed, and it's long. Also, the tool that extracts the 3D-Plannes from the MVC stream is terribly slow. Of course, if you have a very fast NAS, you can minimize that problems. It's up to you, but I persist to think that encoding locally is better.