View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2022, 20:53   #113  |  Link
Cyber Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMann15 View Post
another thing is that all UHD Blurays use Bus Encryption, so without a valid host certificate you cannot play those movies even if you have cached vuk keys, except if your keys are cached by VLC before you revoked your cert which would have an RDK.
I see, so if VLC itself didn't cache my disks when the key is revoked not even the keydb.cfg will help me. I am assuming that the keys VLC caches are different from the keydb.cfg and that I can't somehow use those in VLC?

To be honest though, I still don't understand how using my own open software (VLC/libaccs/libbdplus) and a custom firmware on my optical drive would allow a key to be revoked permanently even for disks that are MKBv71 and older, and how MakeMKV apparently still gets around this somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy View Post
@Cyber Akuma...
I don't have a UHD-compatible drive myself (yet) so I can't really help regarding 4K discs - apologies if that was essentially what you were asking about!
Yeah, I specifically meant UHDs. I have had no issues playing 1080p Blu-Rays. Even the 1080p Blu-Ray of Sonic 2 played just fine from the same Steelbook the UHD disk came from.

Quote:
You've mentioned custom MakeMKV firmware so I'm guessing you're talking about LibeDrive. I've looked into it a little myself because I want to get a new drive but you may be better off asking at the MakeMKV forum because it's more their "thing".
I tried the VLC forums, and a mod just linked me to this thread.

Last edited by Cyber Akuma; 3rd September 2022 at 22:25.
Cyber Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote