View Single Post
Old 6th June 2006, 01:18   #206  |  Link
Valeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teegedeck
That conscientious and certainly better than blindly saying 'cartoon mode is no good'.

This whole cartoon mode debate that we once had on the forum always struck me as funny. Isn't it strange how some people don't feel that cartoon mode is good for anime while they relentlessly denoise all detail to death, anyway? And how people used to be afraid of detail-loss because of cartoon mode in XviD and now have absolutely no bad feelings about using x264 with deblocking set to '0' which equals total destruction of any detail? ;-)
,sir

that's why i only apply nothing more than convolution3d or even serve cleanly with only "MPEG2Source" and stick to XviD for my anime dvd backup. why denoise so much, i need the original dvd but not a reproduced one, right?

i have to state, i didn't say cartoon mode is not good, for my eyes it doesn't get rid of details/noise like AVC codec generally do. i'll somehow consider it a superior solution. nevertheless not everyone(mostly) would like to watch anime with that kind of noise/detail.

PS: the two sample you post is very static scenes. in PRINCIPLE they would not be hurt by the way catoon mode work. i'll try some BRIGHT&fast motion scence. Basilisk is generally too dull

btw, any ideas to make the rain looks pretty close to the original dvd?

Last edited by Valeron; 6th June 2006 at 04:18.
Valeron is offline   Reply With Quote