View Single Post
Old 4th February 2017, 10:19   #42245  |  Link
Plutotype

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaurus View Post
Ok so I have a strange problem recently. Getting a sudden bunch of frame drops that last something like 1 second. Typically 10-15 frame drops at the same time.
Then it can be perfectly fine again for 30 minutes or so, then it happens again.

I'm using the GPU to about 75% usage (roughly 30 ms rendering time for 23p content) and I have tried with DX 11 fullscreen and windowed, DX 9 fullscreen and windowed and DX 9 overlay.

I checked GPU-z and I noticed something weird, the GPU usage would hover around 65-75% all of the time, but at those intervals where I get these frame drops the GPU usage is 99%.
So something is suddently eating all of the GPU resources.

This only started to happen recently. I used DDU and removed the latest nvidia drivers and tried an older version, but the problem persists.

Does anyone have an idea what this can be? I am on Win 10 x64 with that big update released in the fall (clean install).
See my signature for hardware details.
I have similar problem since I have switched to Win10 without Reclock = sudden frame dropouts ( 5-6 at once ). Inspite of seeing stable clocks and stats of frame drops 4+ hours, I experience 20-30 frame drops during 2hours movie. Will investigate further and eventually go back to 32-bit+Reclock setup.