View Single Post
Old 31st December 2010, 02:58   #4  |  Link
yetanotherid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post
I vaguely remember that audio is not supported when frameserving (i'm too lazy to look it up in the documentation) and for VFAPI the video needs to be RGB24.
Cheers.
I've tried setting the compression setting to full or fast etc. I don't know if that effects the frame server output. Or are you saying I've got to convert it to RGB using a filter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
Try setting VirtualDub to AVIFile proxy mode (see Help file under Frameserver), and rename .vdr to .avi.

Audio filters are not supported but audio is still served.
Video is always served as RGB24.
I've tried the AVI frameserving. That's what's seriously frustrating. I expected to be able to open the frameserved AVI with pretty much any program, but MPC plays a blank video with no audio.
What I don't understand is if I create a basic DirectShowSource (maybe AVISource too, I can't remember) script and open the frameserved AVI it works perfectly that way (audio and video), so then I wrap the script into another avi to open with programs which can't open AVISynth scripts.....

I did try a couple of utilities for checking installed codecs and messing with merits etc. The only thing I found odd was one program told me the VFAPI codec was installed with it's merit set to normal, but it failed to change the merit, the second program told me it was set to "do not use" but when I enabled it the VFAPIConverter refused to open a vdr file, when I set it back to "do not use" it'd open the file but the AVI it produced wouldn't work.... unless I open it via an AVISynth and then I do get video but no audio. The VFAPIConverter will however decompress the audio to a wave file and store it in the AVI it produces if I tell it to.

For AVISynth to be able to open the VD framserved AVI and frameserve it properly while other programs can't open the AVI directly, wouldn't it have to be some sort of codec issue? One which is over my head, obviously.
To make it even more frustrating I've tried setting it all up on a second PC with exactly the same results (although the two PCs run the same OS with identical software installed).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by yetanotherid; 31st December 2010 at 03:00.
yetanotherid is offline   Reply With Quote