View Single Post
Old 1st September 2019, 19:19   #6  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I think that you will find that RemoveDirt uses temporal info from adjacent frames to fix spots/dirt, logo is entirely different being also on adjacent frames.
Thanks, StainlessS. I wondered to myself as I was writing that last post whether that might be the case and, if that is the secret, you are right: it would be mostly useless for logo removal.

Having said that, in theory (maybe not in practice) you could use motion estimation from adjacent frames to predict what should be under the logo in the current frame and come up with a better replacement. It might work for my example of what happens when the camera pans. However, in practice, it probably wouldn't be useful, and would be of no help at all unless there was motion going through/under the logo.

P.S. The other area for improvement would be semi-transparent logos. In that case you DO have information on what is behind the logo. My experience, even with Delogo, is that if the logo is really faint, so you can see lots of detail behind it, you can get remarkably good, artifact-free removal.

Last edited by johnmeyer; 1st September 2019 at 19:21. Reason: added P.S.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote