View Single Post
Old 6th March 2018, 10:19   #1433  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I cannot use FS files there.
FS is not supported by most players, so IMO, since Full-SBS and Full-TAB are well supported, you should use one of those formats.

Quote:
Well I was doing FS test anyway, so I decided to see what would happen if I toggled the subtitles on. Lo and behold, they work!
Hum, sorry to disappoint you, but you have seen the 2D subtitles. And using 2D subtitles for a 3D movie is a torture for the brain!
Quote:
They are the default settings (3D only, Blu-ray SUP, 0 depth added)
Since BD3D2MK3D cannot generate the 3D subtitles for Full-SBS, Full-TAB and FS, it replaces them automatically with the 2D version of the subtitles, even if you have selected 3D only.

You can verify easily that the subtitles are in 2D if you have a look at the filenames in the project. You will see, for each subtitle, something like:
Code:
00200.track_4610.Fra.2D.sup
00200.track_4610.Fra.sup
With Half-SBS or Half-TAB, you would have seen also "00200.track_4610.Fra.3D.sup", as well as a folder "00200.track_4610.Fra.3D_2D" with the temp XML and PNG files necessary to convert the 2D stream to 3D.

If you really want to check if your player supports the 3D subtitles in any full resolution, you should convert them manually to 3D (with the Subtitles Tools menu). Of course, it doesn't make much sense to convert them to Half-SBS or Half-TAB, so you will probably want to convert them to FS as 2 different streams. You will have to mux them manually (or edit the __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt file and launch the __MUX_3D.cmd to rebuild the final MKV file). I don't know how it will be possible to inform the player that it must use the 2 streams at the same time, and what stream is for the left or right eye. If Plex is really smart, perhaps it is possible to simply include "left" or "right" in the label of the stream? But honestly, I'm almost sure that they will be recognised as 2 independent 2D streams.

Last edited by r0lZ; 6th March 2018 at 10:21.