View Single Post
Old 8th September 2020, 04:00   #48  |  Link
huhn

maybe we are not looking at the same parts but this bird for example is much better with 444. his icon is not even close.
the player name looks massively better with 444 too.

even through i'm using a really "bad" chroma scaler here. the difference could be smaller but bilinear is sadly a realistic chroma scaler.

another issue is luma is very different which i don't understand why shouldn't it similar with the same QP as the target? but they trade different artifacts the green orb firing little guy has chroma ringing on this right arm in 444 but has something even more wired thingy on his back in 420.

i can try and make a lossless recording of FTL it's 720p and pixel art with perfect use of chroma. another game would be starsector (native 1080p) it uses "1" pixel green lines with zero AA.

but there are other issues her there is clearly a color space mismatch my guess would be the ffmpeg conversation. the image shouldn't look this bad with CFR 18 too.

the results are far better then i could have hoped for. luma didn't obviously get worst and chroma is clearly better
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote