View Single Post
Old 17th December 2016, 23:23   #41  |  Link
xekon

Thank you so much for taking a look jackoneill, you have a sharp eye, I am going to make the changes you pointed out, also for the integer/float formats, sounds like I will need to have it check if the frame contains a float or an integer before processing.

AH, Looking back, NOW I see the reason for the template type in HolyWu's functions, one handles float and one handles INT. At first glance I did not see why there were two copies of most functions. Thats how I can handle Float vs Int data.

EDIT: or it may be that I need to change the function to only support 32 bit float input, for now this is what I am going to do.

I believe I made all of the changes you pointed out Jackoneill. After making those changes VSedit no longer crashes. I am assuming it was crashing because of the last one you pointed out, using integer input but assuming frames always contain float pixels and writing past the end of the frame.

The output is not what was expected... its solid black, LOL! but atleast I am not crashing now, and all frames are returned in VSedit.
I think I need to setup some code breaks in the original Vdub filter, and see how the data is being processed, and then compare that to what is happening in this vapoursynth ported version.
I really wish there were more comments in the vdub filter, but i'm sure I can figure it out if I keep stabbing at it, I don't think I would have gotten this far this quickly without everybody's help, and I have learned a bit too!

EDIT: oh and I updated the github: https://github.com/jieiku/GradCurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
Btw, concerning lab mode
AFAIK is was both slow and low quality, maybe just worth removing anyway.
ah, maybe I should, especially if nobody is going to be using it.

Last edited by xekon; 3rd December 2021 at 07:33.
xekon is offline   Reply With Quote