View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:38   #1156  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Hum, I really don't know what could be the cause of the problem, but for Full-SBS or T&B, you should try to play with Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B aspect ratio. However, that options only affect the aspect ratio in "full" mode and should have no impact when using half-SBS or half-T&B. But try it anyway, as it is well known that the correct aspect ratio settings to use are not clearly defined for SBS or T&B and the selected aspect ratio may not be correctly supported by your player or hardware.

For Half-SBS/T&B, the aspect ratio cannot be changed via the GUI because, until now, the settings used by BD3D2MK3D have always worked perfectly with all players and hardware. But you can try to change them manually in the project files before launching the encoding. The following settings may have an impact on the final aspect ratio:

In __ENCODE_3D.cmd:
Code:
--sar 1:1
Try with 2:1 or 1:2 for Half-SBS or T&B. You can also try to simply remove this setting from the __ENCODE_3D.cmd file. Without the explicit sample aspect ratio, maybe your player will assume the correct value automatically.
(This setting affects the h264 elementary video stream. That means that you have to re-encode the whole movie if you want to test another value. I suggest to do your tests with a short clip.)

In __MUX_3D_OPTIONS.txt:
Code:
--aspect-ratio
0:16/9
IMO, this one should not be changed, but who knows? Try 0:32/9 and 0:16/18.
(This setting is only stored in the MKV header, and therefore you can simply launch __MUX_3D.cmd after having modified it to regenerate the final MKV without having to re-encode the movie. It is also possible to modify that value directly in the MKV with mkvtoolnix.)

If you can find a setting that works fine for you, please let me know and I'll add an option to control the required settings in the GUI.

What is the option you have selected for the 3D format? Half-SBS or half-T&B? And can you confirm that the image is squashed by a factor of two (in other words, can you confirm that the image is twice as high or large than it should be? If it's the case, that may mean that indeed, one of the settings above must be changed, although IMO it is the responsibility of the player to handle correctly the aspect ratio of the 3D movies. (It's also why a 3D movie MUST ALWAYS be encoded in full 16:9, without cropping the black borders, as many TVs assume that a 3D movie must always be played full-screen, regardless of the aspect ratios stored in the file. It seems that it's not the case of your AppleTV.)

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd February 2017 at 12:10.