View Single Post
Old 11th January 2010, 15:57   #1  |  Link
Cathal

SlingCatcher and DVD Ripping Problems

Hey all,

I've been at this for about 2 weeks and have a ton of freeware and trial software installed on my computer trying to get this to work. Name the program and I probably have it installed already.

Anyway, my brother got me a SlingCatcher for Christmas so now I'm in the process of learning how to rip a dvd to my harddrive that will get it to work with the SlingCatcher.

My biggest problem is finding a ripping software that will extract the hardcoded subtitles with the video (in movies like Taken or District9 where subtitles will appear in the movie during certain scenes). I've found a few that will extract the movie and get it to work the the SlingCatcher, but none that will simply get the hardcoded subtitles as well.

The size of the outputted file is unimportant to me, but it must be one file (I would prefer to not have to merge files). I want the best quality I can get with the hardcoded subtitles. I'm using Windows Vista and the outputted file has to be in .WMV, .MPEG, H264 or a few other formats that I can't think of off of the top of my head.

Let me know if there is anything else you all may need to know.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Cathal is offline   Reply With Quote