View Single Post
Old 18th March 2005, 19:06   #1  |  Link
absinthe

Some PgcEdit questions - skipping intros/trace mode

I get a lot of use out of PgcEdit, but I really only use its simple functions. I create all of my DVD images with it before burning, and I use the trace mode to remove the junk before the main menu.

Every once in a while I open a set of DVD files and get this message: "Warning: There are different commands in the various PGCs of the menu LUs of the VTST 1 domain. This is somewhat unusual and may cause problems with the "Set Menu Type" and "Copy LU Commands" utilities." I'm not sure what this means. I've been ignoring it and so far haven't had problems.

However, sometimes in trace mode I will arrive at the first video (like an FBI warning) and when I try to kill playback I get the message that "At least one cell-command jumps outside this PGC. It is not safe to kill playback in this case. Continue anyway?" The commands in that particular cell are

-cell: LinkTailPGC

Now I haven't seen that warning until recently, and I'm wondering if it's maybe a sort of redundant warning message added in the newest version. If I just ignore that warning and kill playback as usual, the disc will play in at least 3 out of 4 of my players, but it takes a long time to load up and makes those strange noises while doing so.

-abs