View Single Post
Old 26th November 2016, 05:30   #1112  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Oh, yes, it's because you encode with x265. I forgot to explain that the 2D encoding is always made with x264, because x265 doesn't accept an AVC stream as input. For that reason, if you encode the 3D movie with x265, the latest settings saved in x264 mode are used for the 2D version. So, to specify other settings for the 2D version, you should switch to x264, modify the settings in the last tab, save the configuration, then return to x265. Your original x265 settings should be automatically restored. The new projects will use the current x265 settings for the 3D version, and the "hidden" x264 settings for the 2D version. (It's somewhat complex, but remember that the 2D stuff is only a bonus, and unfortunately, the x264 and x265 settings are too different to be compatible, so I can't use the x265 settings, even slightly modified, to encode with x264.)

Of course, if you encode the 3D version with x264, both versions use the same encoding parameters, and everything is much more simple. And, in that case, the quality of both versions is equivalent. There are still some slight differences due to the absence of avisynth in the 2D procedure, but they should not introduce noticeable quality differences.

This is roughly explained in the dialogue that pops up when you select the x265 encoder, but I forgot to explain that the 2D version uses always x264 and its settings. I'll add that right now...

Last edited by r0lZ; 26th November 2016 at 06:11.