View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:06   #24  |  Link
burfadel

Yeah it does it looks modern which is the whole point!

For file icons, I strongly believe there should really only be two, one that states its video and the other stating its audio. The current icon library might be good in principle, but in reality it just creates a large separate dll and associated memory space use for the icon cache. WIth only an audio and video icon, they can be part of the exe. For example, the bottom of the bars in the above icon could be moved up slightly, and a stylish (maybe 3dish) 'Audio' and 'Video' below.

Just an idea its all about modernisation and throwing around ideas.

I still strongly believe the interface should be Windows 7-esque, considering it will probably stay like this for a while. The one thing I don't want to see are tiny play, stop etc buttons! Nice big (within prefect reason of course)! buttons would be much better. You should be able to point and click without any effort, not making sure you are lining it up properly with the buttons . In Direct3d mode, I don't see why you couldn't have a stop, pause, previous and next buttons on the left of the slider bar maybe? or put it across the top...

Also, seemless playback between files would be good, I don't see why that can't be done over a reiniitialisation which currently occurs... What would be really good is that, and a little button one the player which shows (in addition to the main screen) a window of the video. This would be handy to turn on and off in case you just quickly want to look at a file and are using a secondary screen which you currently have turned off. The shader mod system should also be a lot better, as it sucks having to load a video before using it, and making sure direct3d mode is off to do it! and making sure you enter it the precise way otherwise it has the habit of self deleting the shader input...

Basically, despite MPC-HC being a brilliant player, there is still massive room for improvement

Anyways keep up the good ideas!
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote