View Single Post
Old 25th July 2019, 09:09   #1596  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi3gai4rui4 View Post
Hi,
I have a 4k OLED with a passive 3d filter that works with madVR set to "3D format: line alternative".

I'd like to convert from my 3d mvc file to an mkv file that is 3840x2160 in line alternative format so that I can play it on a player that doesn't know how to decode 3D at all and the TV will just play it like a regular 2160p file.

I tried following the directions below but I ended up with a 1920x1080 file.
Could anyone suggest how to get a 3840x2160 line alternative file?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, it's not possible, at least automatically with BD3D2MK3D (and honestly, I don't think that other software exist to do what you want). Although line alternative is effectively a 3D format that exists officially, it is almost never used, and therefore I don't think someone will implement it.

IMO, for you, the best solution would be to buy a player that can convert SBS or TAB movies to line alternate. Not sure if they are easy to find.

However, you have revived an old post I wrote for someone having a similar question. I don't remember if he has replied that the method works, but I encourage you to try it.

I can't test the method right now, but try this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved)

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
This will (probably!) produce a line alternative 1920x2160 stream. To be verified!

BTW, I don't understand why you want a "3840x2160 line alternative file". In line alternative mode, the lines of the two images are stacked together, one at a time. Therefore, the height of the final image is doubled. But the width doesn't change, since there is no need to duplicate each pixel horizontally. So, IMO, the final format must be 1920x2160. If you really need a 3840x2160 frame, you must add a resize operation in the modified AVS script, like this:
Code:
left  = SelectEven(interleaved).LanczosResize(3840,1080)
right = SelectOdd(interleaved).LanczosResize(3840,1080)

# Build combined Row-interlaced image
Interleave(left, right).Weave()
Please let me know if one of these methods worked for you. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by r0lZ; 25th July 2019 at 09:28.