View Single Post
Old 29th December 2003, 14:40   #270  |  Link
Eye of Horus
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Umma
I didn't mean any offense, Andreas. I was basically wondering if anyone had contacted him about anything over the last year or so.

Pax,

D
I try to contact him long before I wrote my FIRST guide with the Aurora plugins. Because he didn't answer any of my emails, I decided to go on without him and luckily I found someone who helped me in the process.

The second guide was written without any of his software.

This year I emailed him for the third time and again got no response.
I gave up :-)

To me it's not quite clear where the problem is...... Guidelines like Farina's are on so many sides, that it's still the question if these were his' in the first place ! I mean.... he didn't invent Ambisonics ! And everyone can write guidelines about how to use tools. (even I !!)

Don't get me wrong : the guy is a genius, but I don't think it's necessary to "ask him permission" to write guidelines !

I would have loved however if any of these guys came on this board and supplied us with more tips and help. But..... after emailing (Andreas did some emailing too !) and no replies, we gave up hope...

What rests is that we have to find it all out by ourselves :-))

CanI add a nasty one ? If not allowed the moderator can remove it : I am not surprised that when people are selling stuff, but don't reply to emails, the potential buyers will look for illegal versions. If I ask if a routine can be explained, before buying and I get no answer, I won't buy it ! But I will try to find it out by myself with a not so legal version ! Seeing the enormous response my 2 guides have on this board, the makers of these software should think again. That's why I will give 10M kudos to David from Plogue ! When he start selling, I want to be one of the first to buy his program !! And...... don't forget it works two ways. We act as his beta-testers :-)

my 2 eurocents !

EoH